Brave New World Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion :)

Go down

Discussion :) Empty Discussion :)

Post by vincent.nguyen Thu May 11, 2017 8:03 am

Post discussion/questions for public to answer.

Concepts.

vincent.nguyen

Back to top Go down

Discussion :) Empty Re: Discussion :)

Post by vincent.nguyen Thu May 11, 2017 1:51 pm

“But cleanliness is next to fordliness,” she insisted.

- In the "new world" everything is clean and precise because there are no ways to corrupt the government and its caste system that is pre-made in the artificial womb guarantee's that. Working like machines with no belief or knowledge of the past.

- When they come to the reservation, they are greeted with a whole new world. I noticed that this is similar to today's society on food and other cultures. In America we are too self-indulged in our culture to be open minded about others. This is due to our environment and surrounding influences, well that just what i think.

- The 18 year old boy who was sacrificed for a whipping actually wanted to be whipped and this was a part of the reservations culture in a spiritual sense. It is quite understandable for Leina to be shocked and stunned, because she has never experienced anything like that.

- I also noticed that the word "feeling" was used a couple times in this chapter. Searching up the definition i found that it said, "a belief, especially a vague and irrational one". I feel like this could possibly correlate to the 18 year old boy who was whipped and how he praised having his blood spilled for nature. With his pain there will be more for the people.

vincent.nguyen

Back to top Go down

Post by vincent.nguyen Thu May 11, 2017 1:56 pm

“Old?” she repeated. “But the Director’s old; lots of people
are old; they’re not like that.”

- This is funny because, Lenina is like a child. Children tend to ask questions when they are dumbfounded upon something that doesnt seem right. This is also significant, because i feel like now that Lenina has more exposure to "real people" she will want to "Know" more about the history of humanity. Knowledge is power

vincent.nguyen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down