Brave New World Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Title of Chapter 1-2

+2
vincent.nguyen
notwalker
6 posters

Go down

Title of Chapter 1-2 Empty Title of Chapter 1-2

Post by notwalker Mon May 01, 2017 9:25 pm

Use this section to title chapter one and two.

notwalker

Back to top Go down

Title of Chapter 1-2 Empty Re: Title of Chapter 1-2

Post by vincent.nguyen Tue May 02, 2017 8:26 am

Chapter 1: The Bokanovsky Family
- I believe this is a good title for the chapter because on page 4, it illustrates a futuristic process of creating "ninety-six identical twins working ninety-six identical machines!"and because of this everyone created in this new world are brothers and sisters. And the students being toured around by the directors are technically brothers and sisters, without them even knowing. We'll this is what i think the chapter is talking about.

Chapter 2: Purge
- I named this chapter purge because, in chapter 2 the nurses put the eight month old babies under electric shock to help rid them of an interest for books. And considering what books can do it is a smart process in making the destined role each baby might play in the future. Like the previous chapter on pg 8 said that they "predestine and condition." Lower classes cant move up because they are purged from books, and books are a source of education and information. Knowledge is power.

vincent.nguyen

Back to top Go down

Post by notwalker Tue May 02, 2017 3:55 pm

@vincent.nguyen I think this is a great reason for this title, but the title I had was "De se, plurimos" which if google translate is correct, should mean "Out of one, many" in latin. This is meant to juxtapose the United States motto of "E pluribus unum" or "Out of many, one". The goal is to not specifically target the US as the audience, but instead to address our history of absolute disdain for a collective (communism) and our desire for independence as individuals. Also, the reversal of the motto pairs well with the futuristic and far progressed world we find ourselves in.

notwalker

Back to top Go down

Title of Chapter 1-2 Empty Title of Chapter 1-2

Post by Calvin123 Wed May 03, 2017 9:57 pm

I believe the best name suited for Chapter 1 is " The Process". In Chapter one, it basically gives the reader information about what is currently happening and one major event that is happening is how they would create workers for certain positions. By doing this, they can create the perfect human to work on these jobs that are needed to be done. They explain the process that starts on page 2, of how they create these humans and the challenges that they put in so that they do a specific job. With, "The Process" interprets the main part of this chapter.

A title for Chapter 2 is "Brainwashing" because the chapter explains some teaching that they do to have people either dislike something like books or flowers stated on page 14 ," They'll grow up with what the psychologists used to call an "instinctive"hatred pf books and flowers.". They would use these and similar techniques to control the babies and basically taking over their lives. Brainwashing fits in with Chapter 2.

Calvin123

Back to top Go down

Title of Chapter 1-2 Empty Titles

Post by DenyceE Thu May 04, 2017 6:47 pm

Chapter 1 - Creation
I think this could be a possible title for chapter 1 because of the way the Director speaks to the boys. For example, "'I shall begin at the beginning', said the D.H.C..." (2) The Director is speaking as if he were God; explaining the beginning of the reproduction and cloning process of their world; creating the most perfect human beings to ever exist.

Chapter 2 - Turn
The beginning of chapter describes how children at a very young age are conditioned to turn away from book and flowers because of their lack of purpose in the world. They're turning them to their way of life.

DenyceE

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 05, 2017 6:10 am

Denyce,

You don't have to stick to the format outlined for the paper journal.

I like, though, I like! - Myette

Admin
Admin

https://bravenewworldmytai.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason.Green Mon May 08, 2017 11:36 am

Chapter 1: The Production Line
Due to the extensive exploration of the hatchery and its inner workings, it would be apt for this chapter to be titled "The Production Line" for obvious reasons.

Chapter 2: Pavlov's Children
The emphasis on the classical conditioning under which the children live makes a title including Pavlov (the person who invented the idea of classical conditioning) a suitable fit.

Jason.Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down